Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Intermittent no start

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
For you that have experienced the no start problem on your Xs (engine will crank over and no start and then you turn the key off and try again the engine starts) there is a new TSB for a computer program update, I will post more info tomorrow on what the coverage will be.

XRobber

Reaction score
For you that have experienced the no start problem on your Xs (engine will crank over and no start and then you turn the key off and try again the engine starts) there is a new TSB for a computer program update, I will post more info tomorrow on what the coverage will be.
Wow... I have had this intermittant problem since day 1. It has happened about 10 times roughly in the year and a half I have had it....

Troskey

Reaction score
happened to me yesterday...broke my heart that my baby wouldn't start...but I turned it off and tried again a few seconds later and she started right up...

X-Runnin

Reaction score
yeah happened last week, almost brand new truck and it wont even start :frown:
yeah and I did look pretty stupid infront of everyone in the parking lot

wshsbears

Reaction score
happens to me more than monthly.. i'd have to say every couple weeks. it seems that it happens if i turn the key on before starting it and the battery is drawn from before being recharged.. maybe im crazy :dontknow:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yeah.. its happened to me a couple of times. I always cut it back off and tried again.. always thought i was doing something wrong :laugh:

nblazing

Reaction score
the only starting problem that i had once was that my winter car mats were stopping the cluth from hitting the butten the needs to be pressed to be able to start the car its a little white button but thats it all i had to do was pull that mat back a little bit

07XR808

Reaction score
Had this problem a couple times already. Didn't think much of it because it started right up after cranking again

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just happened to me for the first time this morning... I've gotta take it in for the clutch TSB anyway. I'm just waiting for it to get warm here again so it will start squeaking. I know they probably won't do it w/o it squeaking.

Thanks for the info! :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Just happened to me for the first time this morning... I've gotta take it in for the clutch TSB anyway. I'm just waiting for it to get warm here again so it will start squeaking. I know they probably won't do it w/o it squeaking.

Thanks for the info! :top:

Hey Klint... they never heard mine squeaking either but if you advise them that there is a tsb for it usually they will go ahead and do it.. i got almost every tsb that came out done by just telling them there was one for it and they went ahead and performed them. I would just call them and inform them and then they would order the parts and call me when they come in to schedule a time :top:

xxCLMxx

Reaction score
Mine does it in the winter more often than in the summer. Doesnt really bother me though.

Top Bottom