Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

linkin park :)

xmoney jr

Reaction score
anyone got the new linkin park cd????
if you do what u thinkin about it

blastap

Reaction score
First time i listened to it I thought it was awful. I listened to it some more this weekend and now im hooked.

blastap

Reaction score
They changed genre's on every album they have put out. It was going in a slower direction from day one.

xmoney jr

Reaction score
yeah i noticed that
but they have made it through it all
and no the lead singer (i think his names chris) has made anther group of his own
i seen that i was like wtf

blastap

Reaction score
fort minor was a side project, He is still in linkin park. If thats what your talking about?

Grumpy

Reaction score
^^yep. Mike Shinoda did the Fort Minor side project wtih Style of Beyond. Chester is the lead vocal for LP.

Haven't pick up the new album yet....probably tomorrow.

08x

Reaction score
ya i got the new cd its not bad alot different then there old ones alot more christian rock it seems to be

x ynot

Reaction score
i didnt like there song when it first came out but it growes on me

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
i think the first cd was amazing.... now i think linkin park sucks ass. Does he even remember how to scream? new cd = awful

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I came in 7th for the myspace remix contest for their new album. :-( I got an autographed copy of the CD for qualifying tho. What they didn't know was I had their album about 3 weeks before it was released. haha!!! I like it a lot actually. "Wretches And Kings" is fcuking CRAZY!!!

fuseaku

Reaction score
Everything after Meteora sucks in my opinion.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Everything after Meteora sucks in my opinion.

There's reason behind that though. After Meteora, they went independent. And to be honest, I think their success to this day is because they decided to venture into different types of music. They still keep their unique sound, but they also know that the music industry isn't the same as when Hybrid and Meteora came out. They're just adjusting to the vibe of modern day music. Can't blame them. But at the same time, they will lose listeners, but also gain new ones and listeners who didn't like them before.

But all of that aside, I think Hybrid Theory and Meteora are by far the best albums to date. But I don't think all the stuff after sucks. I like some of it.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
I was skeptical at first, but I think I like it more than Minutes to Midnight. What most people have to realize is, Linkin Park made the Nu Metal genre their bitch. There really was no point for them to continue on in that genre. Hybrid Theory was certified Diamond, and Meteora was certified Multi-Platinum. When you have that much success in one genre, it's time to move on, imo. Yea, a lot of people my not like the new stuff, but the hardcore fans will stay there, and Linkin Park has an ungodly amount of fans worldwide.

Anyway, as far as A Thousand Suns is concerned, I think it's a good addition. Wretches and Kings is simply amazing, as well as The Catalyst. When They Come For Me is up there on my list as well. Also, for those who say Chester forgot how to scream, I direct you toward the song Blackout.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I like their old stuff but their new stuff is just terrible.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
no
its taking chris (lead singer)
and hes starting his own band

It's Chester, and it was a side project called Dead By Sunrise. It featured several different artists from other bands. The album was released in 2009, and they have done nothing since.

Top Bottom