Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oh yeah moment of truth

butters607

Reaction score
Trucks going to the dyno today at 2pm mtn time pics to follow gadget need ya to call me asap!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I say 412hp and 388 tq.
Only because I don't want you to top me... but I have a feeling you might. Hopefully you get on a low reading dyno. :eviltongue:

butters607

Reaction score
what do you need gadget for sir?

I dont just anything I should look for stevo?

I say 412hp and 388 tq.
Only because I don't want you to top me... but I have a feeling you might. Hopefully you get on a low reading dyno. :eviltongue:

Yea but I'm at stage 2 heheheh still a 7injector and smaller pulley behind ya!

Last edited:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I dont just anything I should look for stevo?

Yea but I'm at stage 2 heheheh still a 7injector and smaller pulley behind ya!

I'm running the original MKII blower C38-71 and no 7th injector.
If I ever end up upgrading I'm gonna say F it and just go with the -91 trim. No more screwing around LOL

butters607

Reaction score
I'm running the original MKII blower C38-71 and no 7th injector.
If I ever end up upgrading I'm gonna say F it and just go with the -91 trim. No more screwing around LOL

And kaboooooooooommm!!!!! Jk bro also that's good numbers with no 7th! Hey i have never dynoed before anything to look for?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Make sure they monitor your afrs and have it secure and you should be fine...I look forward to the results bro.:top:

butters607

Reaction score
Make sure they monitor your afrs and have it secure and you should be fine...I look forward to the results bro.:top:

Ok thanks for the heads up! And ill be doing four runs is that to many or not enough or?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Thats fine. Normally in SA its $75-$100 for 3-4 pulls You can do more if you want but you'll pay more. If your making changes to the tune I would do 3 before and 3 after but thats me. If you just wanna see what #'s your putting out 4 is fine.

butters607

Reaction score
Thats fine. Normally in SA its $75-$100 for 3-4 pulls You can do more if you want but you'll pay more. If your making changes to the tune I would do 3 before and 3 after but thats me. If you just wanna see what #'s your putting out 4 is fine.

nope x-1 does all the changes it needs to! Yeah its 92 dollars with tax for 4 pulls

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
nope x-1 does all the changes it needs to! Yeah its 92 dollars with tax for 4 pulls

X1 will only compensate for programmed calibration parameters.

Actually tuning the truck will require you to alter the spark and fuel tables.

There isnt a ton of power to be had in leaning out the AFR (and id advise not to).

Depending on what kind of tune you are building you can see about 7 HP per degree of ignition advance; its very important to tune spark in baby steps and read the logs each pull.

With only 4 pulls your probably just tuning WOT anyway, id do a base line then use the other 3 to adjust IGN advance.

I hope its a loaded dyno, otherwise you are going to want to verify/data log your tune on the road as well (either way its a good idea to do so).

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have already pegged out to 140 on the current tune, and you are only going there to get dyno pulls and not tuned, then there is nothing to adjust. If it is a reputable shop, then they will secure it properly.

Just makes sure to have your laptop hooked up so that you can datalog each pull.

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
But
If you have already pegged out to 140 on the current tune, and you are only going there to get dyno pulls and not tuned, then there is nothing to adjust. If it is a reputable shop, then they will secure it properly.

Just makes sure to have your laptop hooked up so that you can datalog each pull.

Doh didn't bring it! But we did look at data logs for this tune many times its the same one I used at the track and no issues

So they said my truck does not fit on their dyno booooooooo!

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Your truck doesn't fit on their dyno...? What model dyno is this?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
WTF??? Fail. Is there another shop that has one, in town?

Slay0r

Reaction score
what do u mean fit...only 2 wheels need to b on there lol

Top Bottom