Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sittin Sic Swaybar Feedback and Review

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
sorry for the thread jack shane...but check your pm's and email for me...:biggrin:

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
haha, you could also shave a little off of the flat part of the bushing but dont shave to much it needs to fit snugly (I really want to type snuggle bear instead of snuggly :laugh:)

hmm that might just be the solution. i'm going to be doing this later...

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Sway bars have arrived!!!!

Will put together a review next week after I race. :top:

HiTek21

Reaction score
I just finished with my installation, pretty easy but I have to agree with the bushings for the rear. Not a very good fit, the slots in the bracket barely match up with the factory mounting points and the bolts don't seat very well on the bracket. I ended up taking a pair of vice grips and bending the hook on the rear bracket mount and bending them back so I didn't have to spend a long time grinding them off.

I was able to use the urethane front end link bushings from the TTC Sway bar kit I had previously installed. Same part number but they were compressed a bit more since they had been previously installed. I still had to use the handle of a sledge hammer to get some leverage to put the nut back on. I tried and tried to put the new end link bushings on but I couldn't compress them enough. I suppose if I had a large enough C-Clamp I could have compressed them down.

Now its time to take this bad boy to the top of Turnbull Canyon and see what kind of changes in handling have been made.

Jeremias

Reaction score
The piece on the rear was really easy to bend, I used my trusty channel locks. I tried these on a long curve(on ramp) today and I have to say that I am impressed. My tires broke free way before my body roll was too much. I should probally get new tires or start drifting.:laugh: I would reccomend this product to anyone with a Tacoma, they are effin awsome:rock:

dmbfan73

Reaction score
what type of grease are you all using for the zerk fittings?

Shanes56

Reaction score
a white lithium is what I use and only grease about every 4-6 months depending on the weather and road conditions

Lucas products are great IMHO

Last edited:

dmbfan73

Reaction score
sounds good shane, thanks bro. by the way i sent you a pm a few weeks ago about the coils, did you get it?

Shanes56

Reaction score
nope send it to me again I will be n the office for another 10 or so minutes I will try to answer it right away so I dont forget, I went on a PM email answering party last night I must have missed yours.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So where is the review Xrunnit?

dmbfan73

Reaction score
got mine installed last thursday, no problems with using the supplied bushings on the front. these sways are awesome, great job shane!

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I put these on today :top:

The install was cake, The rear mounting hardware was a little different than the stockers, but functionally they are the same.

I havent driven in yet, but I will update once I do. I will give you the joe shmo review. I am not that spirited in my driving, so it will be a different perspective

They are pretty :smile:

I suck at pics but here are a few shots of the front :top:

Great Job Shane :top:

Justin

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Those do look good Justin, makes the insides of those dirty wheels look bad tho. :laugh:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Those do look good Justin, makes the insides of those dirty wheels look bad tho. :laugh:

the flash does funny things lol. its not that dirty.

the wheels are dirty because some a hole brake checked me when tuning the stage 3 yesterday, went from 95 to about 15. I had to stand on the brakes. TRB BBK FTW:top:.....brake dust:thumpdown:

Justin

akakrill

Reaction score
Where do these bushings go?

image.aspx

Reaction score
^^^

Replacement for your rubber endlink bushings...

Who is running these with DJM drop?

Just got em in the mail and Shane said I should use longer endlinks in the rear cuz of 4" drop, anyone with DJM done this yet?

Last edited:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Where do these bushings go?

image.aspx

those are the end link bushings. I didnt use them because I was tired and didnt want to take the wheels off to get them in :rolleyez:, so I just used the stockers....

Justin

akakrill

Reaction score
image.aspx

No pics of these mounted? Whats the issue too tall or wide? Wrong hole size? What if you put some washers on a bolt in-between each bushing with a nut on the end and compressed them on the bolt for a while before install....think that would work? I'll post a pic in a minute

To me it looks like there are 3 bushings on each side in the front and 2 per side in the rear.

I have 4 where the hell do they go?

Are they top and bottom for the front bar 2 per side? circled in red.

Do you leave the bushing circled in green stock?

Is the end link the silver connecting rod between the lower a arm and sway bar? Do they go one at the top, one at the bottom front only?

:hmmmm2:

Last edited:
Top Bottom