Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sittin Sic Swaybar Feedback and Review

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
No pics of these mounted? Whats the issue too tall or wide? Wrong hole size? What if you put some washers on a bolt in-between each bushing with a nut on the end and compressed them on the bolt for a while before install....think that would work? I'll post a pic in a minute

Only one bushing per link right? Bushing on the bottom, washers and a nut goes on top?

the swaybar should be sandwiched between two bushings per side

lower washer
bushing
swaybar
bushing
upper washer
nut

you need to compress them to get the nut started, I could have done it with the wheels off, but I was being lazy :smile:

akakrill

Reaction score
What about the bottom of the end link? That doesn't get one? and the 4 more total in the rear don't get them?

Whats the advantage of having half rubber half urethane?

This is my best guess:
It looks like there may be stress only on those bushings because the 4 in the rear and the 2 on the lower a arms side of the end link rely on the bolts and are exposed to very little lateral stress. maybe?

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
What about the bottom of the end link? That doesn't get one? and the 4 more total in the rear don't get them?

Whats the advantage of having half rubber half urethane?

This is my best guess:
It looks like there may be stress only on those bushings because the 4 in the rear and the 2 on the lower a arms side of the end link rely on the bolts and are exposed to very little lateral stress. maybe?

They are small ball joint on the other ends.

I am a little confused....:hmmmm2:

There are not any on the rears, and the lower portion of the front end links are a small ball joint

Justin

akakrill

Reaction score
This should do it...

image.aspx

image.aspx

Ball joints! ok that makes more sense...haven't taken them apart before. When I took the first picture I put my finger on the ball on the backside of the joint and felt it not really making the connection that hey sh!t for brains that's not a bushing, hehehe :stupid:

Thanks J

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Well i drove the truck to work today.

It definately feels more stable in the corners. I hit a few on ramps today a little harder than I would normally and it was flat all the way though.

keep in mind, this is with all other suspension stock. My truck i not lowered.

I can say that it is am improvement :top:.

Not I need to find some windy roads to play on

Justin

Xraided

Reaction score
sitting sick sway for the win added wit the coils, leafs and QA's = ownage

Reaction score
Who else with DJM drop is running these?

I have them readyto install buy need a shorter endlink for the rear and was wondering if anyone's found a shorter replacement link yet?

I'm looking around for a hiem joint linkage, hopefully I come up with something that works...

gen2crvtec

Reaction score
just installed my swaybars and qa1 shocks, they are amazing, still waiting on my coils from shane, then ill be full ss track kit

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
Just finished the front install. Those end link bushings were a big pain, but I guess its a good thing I am half man and half bear ( above the waist ). On to the rear. I guess I should have read about the brackets for the rear earlier.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I will soon have my own review!!!! nothing beat a reveiw from someone who OPERATES they'r truck..

Reaction score
I like the sways!

Tight, quick, smooth, more predictable weight transfers, better exiting traction, faster turn in, but it brings out the other suspension faults more...

With the soft dampening it is flat through smooth turns, but gets bouncy and tends to push when hitting bumps through the turn...

Even worse with trail braking into a bumpy corner...

Best suspension bang for the buck for sure though:top:

Need stiffer shocks all around still...

ntinhri

Reaction score
I like the sways!

Tight, quick, smooth, more predictable weight transfers, better exiting traction, faster turn in, but it brings out the other suspension faults more...

With the soft dampening it is flat through smooth turns, but gets bouncy and tends to push when hitting bumps through the turn...

Even worse with trail braking into a bumpy corner...

Best suspension bang for the buck for sure though:top:

Need stiffer shocks all around still...

qa-1's will get as stiff as you want..

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
Where?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I can't find these sway bars on the sittin sic site. It says there still in development.

Bsw

Reaction score
I'll be installing mine tomorrow, UPS was gracious enough to scratch mine up upon delivery. They claim it was manufacture, I know better. Anywho, sanded them down and sprayed them black, they look real good, can't wait to feel the difference.

Murderface

Reaction score
I love my drop even though my springs have no paint left on them and they're all rusty and shit.

How bout you swap em out for me with the new 900 PPI ones:top:

one day I'll get my hands on some sways:top:

Top Bottom