Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ttc cams?

Reaction score
Sounds like a Secret Service remark..........

Got cha down. Thank you for making it happen, your rod started it all

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Twice. First time was with Pauter years ago.

butters607

Reaction score
Darton sleeves aren't necessary for 500whp. Proper tuning and components are. The sleeves are for added strength and longevity.

So no risk of wobble in the cylinder at 500 without sleeves?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hell maybe even 12 lol

12 & 13: 1 compression ratios available here: http://www.lceperformance.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=1gr&Search.x=4&Search.y=3

Of course, you can always have anything in between made as well.

So no risk of wobble in the cylinder at 500 without sleeves?

There was a member on here, whom I cannot remember the name right now, who had to replace his factory head gaskets due to leaking after 100k miles. He had been supercharged for a considerable portion of that time as well. When the work was taking place, he mentioned that the mechanic said that there were signs of cylinder wobble on the factory head gaskets. Keep in mind that doesn't mean the cylinders were mimicking a bobble head.

The factory torque to yield head bolts are not nearly as strong in tensile strength as the ARP head studs. The fact that the factory ones are so much weaker, as well as are designed to "stretch" upon install means that they will stretch even more under - years of boost, and many many heat cycles. That stretching reduced the clamping force and will allow the cylinders to wobble ever so slightly over time.

ARP studs will help prevent that, through a more continuous clamp force.

Good times to install them would be- if you have to remove the timing cover say for an oil leak, if you are doing head work for cams, or if you are installing forged internals.

Last edited:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
12 & 13: 1 compression ratios available here: http://www.lceperformance.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=1gr&Search.x=4&Search.y=3

There was a member on here, whom I cannot remember the name right now, who had to replace his factory head gaskets due to leaking after 100k miles. He had been supercharged for a considerable portion of that time as well. When the work was taking place, he mentioned that the mechanic said that there were signs of cylinder wobble on the factory head gaskets. Keep in mind that doesn't mean the cylinders were mimicking a bobble head.

The factory torque to yield head bolts are not nearly as strong in tensile strength as the ARP head studs. The fact that the factory ones are so much weaker, as well as are designed to "stretch" upon install means that they will stretch even more under - years of boost, and many many heat cycles. That stretching reduced the clamping force and will allow the cylinders to wobble ever so slightly over time.

Good times to install them would be- if you have to remove the timing cover say for an oil leak, if you are doing head work for cams, or if you are installing forged internals.

Thanks for the link,n i cant wait to see the out come of southernmostx before i go ahead on this project

butters607

Reaction score

So what i gather is that the head studs are possibly a little too weak at this point for what we are trying to do? I plan on ordering all my parts minus pistons then plan on having the build done maybe LCE in the near future. That way i can pay for all the parts then take care of the labor on two seperate bills kinda thing. I will go with new valve springs, valves, rods, pistons, rings, gaskets, head studs, and just maybe sleeves but would you really have to sleeve it if you take care of the head stud issue? Do you see anything that is gonna conflict with anything else like problem wise?

Last edited by a moderator:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely get the ARP head studs, rods, and head gaskets from Dezod. They have the best price for sure.

Then since LCE is right next right next to you have them build it like you said.

As far as what level of power is needed to add sleeves, I cannot say. I do not know. Someone from Darton, or people in the industry whom have dealt with Open Deck blocks should know.

butters607

Reaction score
Definitely get the ARP head studs, rods, and head gaskets from Dezod. They have the best price for sure.

Then since LCE is right next right next to you have them build it like you said.

As far as what level of power is needed to add sleeves, I cannot say. I do not know. Someone from Darton, or people in the industry whom have dealt with Open Deck blocks should know.

Yes that is always the info I'm striving for but always have ran into walls maybe you have some contacts you could get in here?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? I don't know what you are talking about.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know, so how can you? You think you're so smart cause you don't know things, eh? Wise guy.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I cant wait its been so long.......grrrrrrr.....lmao....lookin forward to it brotha. Then we can get the crew back together.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Just waiten on southerns build to b finished before i go ahead,bite the bulllet n not have the outcome i wanted :frown:

Top Bottom