Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TwinTurbo XR Tuned @7psi

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Nice numbers. Now post some VIDS :biggrin:.

megabitez

Reaction score
ive only seen 2 other turbo xr's. 1 of which ic red @ psi racing on the dyno which was said to be twin turbo and the other was single turbo and hes on this forum i just woke up so i dont remember his name. so from what i have seen these are the best numbers besides TRD yellow truck. this is from what I HAVE SEEN!

rexrunner

Reaction score
theres was remsiloy with a black X who hit like 412 rwhp but at like 12-13 psi
then helobody with a single turbo
then psi racing with twins
then theres one more on this forum who has a red X also
then you with a twin turbo
then im on the way with a single

Shanes56

Reaction score
ahhhhhhh just when I had my mind made up on the TRD setup I see these #'s, do you think with enternals the trd will ever be able to match the HP of the turbo setups?

rexrunner

Reaction score
NO this TRD chrger will not be able to compete with a decent turbo setup :top:

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
ahhhhhhh just when I had my mind made up on the TRD setup I see these #'s, do you think with enternals the trd will ever be able to match the HP of the turbo setups?
Yeah man, if you want those numbers, turbo is the only way for these trucks.

Alexrunner

Reaction score
The turbos throw down some good numbers, but youll spend a lot of money making that power useful. If they had a mass produced kit for our trucks thats one thing, but I wouldnt risk creating my own kit IMO.

then again, Im not that savvy when it comes to that stuff.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
The turbos throw down some good numbers, but youll spend a lot of money making that power useful. If they had a mass produced kit for our trucks thats one thing, but I wouldnt risk creating my own kit IMO.

then again, Im not that savvy when it comes to that stuff.
You don't have to built your own kit... You just go to a performance shop and tell them what you want. Then drop around 7k and walk out with a turbo'd xr.

rexrunner

Reaction score
7k? :dontknow: well maybe I guess it adds up fast :argh:

megabitez

Reaction score
twin turbo setup takes has 2x the amount of stuff so it will cost more. my setup COMPLETE TUNED and all cost alittle over 10k. The builder of the kit is dying to build more so PM me for his info! i think the red x ur talkin about is the same 1 from PSI. i know helo has 1 and rem so theres 3 that i know of.

05runner

Reaction score
If i only had 7K i could drop on my X for the sake of just doing so, without my wife killing me or cutting me off. LOL..:top:

heloboby7

Reaction score
Hey. How are you running out of fuel pump at 7psi? Are you using an FMU or do you have bigger injectors? My pump was still keeping up at ~15psi. Oh yeah, that stock clutch of yours isn't going to hold up long. Mine started slipping anywhere in 2nd gear and higher at just 7psi. Congrats on the numbers though. If I were you though, I'd run a bit richer...

megabitez

Reaction score
HELO FINALY!! haha so thats why im losing power mid RPM? damnit. i got the 440 injectors with stock pump. what did you do for injectors and pump? and if you dont mind me asking what where the numbers u put out at 15psi? i think i am going to stop at 10psi and just break 400whp idk yet man AHHHHHHHHHH IDK!ill bring it a bit richer but i know when we pass 7psi for SURE we gonna make it much more richer.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Hey. How are you running out of fuel pump at 7psi? Are you using an FMU or do you have bigger injectors? My pump was still keeping up at ~15psi. Oh yeah, that stock clutch of yours isn't going to hold up long. Mine started slipping anywhere in 2nd gear and higher at just 7psi. Congrats on the numbers though. If I were you though, I'd run a bit richer...

did you oversize the injectors? My fuel pump falls out at 7 psi near redline. Just watch the fuel pressure needle drop:thumpdown:

but with big enough injectors and a good tune you wouldnt notice it

Justin

heloboby7

Reaction score
I had bigger injectors. Are you guys running a pressure line to the factory FPR? You can always throw more fuel in the tune when pressure starts dropping ;)

But yeah, when you see the RPM needle start jumping up and the truck isn't accelerating...you're burning clutch.

I don't have any official numbers for 15psi and I'm not about to start bench racing. All I'm going to say is 15psi, pure methanol spray, with an 11.8AFR will run pretty strong. The turbo I was using had a GT40 compressor (same as a GT35R) and a stage V turbine. You can figure out flow at that pressure level by checking out the compressor map and make your own conclusions as to how much power I was making. But like I said, no bench racing for me. :)

megabitez

Reaction score
well i got the 440cc injectors from URD im thinking about increasin my maps fuel by 10% to rich it out alittle. what clutch did you upgrade to? i dont want to take it apart and goto murrays for a few hours to match em up lol we are most likely going to add an external pump to my truck ill keep ya posted on that

TigWiz

Reaction score
Hey guys, My name is Nick. I am the fabricator/Tuner at JG autoworks, and we are responsible for the tune on this truck.

To clear up a few things, as we were nearing redline at 7psi we were not seeing any difference in the a/f ratio wether ar 80% duty cycle or 95% duty cycle. If we were to increase the fuel presure, flow rate would only slow down, and increasing the duty cycle wasn't making any difference so a larger or piggy back pump in nessesary.

As soon as the higher flowing pump in ready we are going to shoot for 10 psi and 400+whp. It is a lot of fun to drive as is though.:top:

Top Bottom