Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Stealth 2.7 and 2.55" pulleys ready to ship

cwatt

Reaction score
Hey G,

Where's the safety point for these? That is, at what size should we really have forged internals?

- Colin

Bulldogger

Reaction score
I would still really like to know this.

10lbs on TRD reflash things seem to stay together, at least for one member. I will be running the 2.7 shortly and we will see how the engine survives. I feel 10 is fine providing you don't go aggressive with the timing or increase rpm limit. Neither of which we can do on 09+ as of right now

cwatt

Reaction score
10lbs on TRD reflash things seem to stay together, at least for one member. I will be running the 2.7 shortly and we will see how the engine survives. I feel 10 is fine providing you don't go aggressive with the timing or increase rpm limit. Neither of which we can do on 09+ as of right now

My concern is in regard to the engine's internals. For what it's worth, I'm running the UCON.

Side bar - will this decrease fuel economy when driving around?

Bulldogger

Reaction score
My concern is in regard to the engine's internals. For what it's worth, I'm running the UCON.

Side bar - will this decrease fuel economy when driving around?
Shouldn't TRd is in by pass mode during light easy driving, different story if you will be standing on it.
Ucon is fine just don't up the rpm limit leave at factory 5500rpm and don't go real aggressive on timing. Stock internals will hold pretty well.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Shouldn't TRd is in by pass mode during light easy driving, different story if you will be standing on it.
Ucon is fine just don't up the rpm limit leave at factory 5500rpm and don't go real aggressive on timing. Stock internals will hold pretty well.

If engine makes it through the season, i think we can safely say that the 2.7 + UCON (or nst+2.8), isnt too much for stock internals, even if you REALLLLLLLLYYYYY push on it. Im talking, rev-limiter bouncing, balls-to-wall driving. :blurock: Super Werty engine popped, and he drove very hard, but was also running e-85 (more power through timing advance) and the X-1. If you drive conservatively, you nothing to really worry about.

I have 6,200 rpm fuel cut, and by rasing the rev limiter, coupled with the cam gears, you notice a difference up top, even with the TRD not being a Top end power maker. URD S/C will make over 400whp on stock internals, just fine. We are lucky if we even break 360whp with UCON and a 2.7... With that being said, You will be just fine with the 2.7 on stock internals. I would be skeptical at the gains (if any) with the 2.55, due to the Blower blade speeds and heat. :dontknow:

And to Bulldogger....running the 2.7 on stock TRD reflash, you're gonna be running VERY lean in the lower rpms (At seal level). Darthyota is someways above sea level, so i doubt hes running near as lean as i was. I did it for quite some time...but would not condone to it :top:

Bulldogger

Reaction score
If engine makes it through the season, i think we can safely say that the 2.7 + UCON (or nst+2.8), isnt too much for stock internals, even if you REALLLLLLLLYYYYY push on it. Im talking, rev-limiter bouncing, balls-to-wall driving. :blurock: Super Werty engine popped, and he drove very hard, but was also running e-85 (more power through timing advance) and the X-1. If you drive conservatively, you nothing to really worry about.

I have 6,200 rpm fuel cut, and by rasing the rev limiter, coupled with the cam gears, you notice a difference up top, even with the TRD not being a Top end power maker. URD S/C will make over 400whp on stock internals, just fine. We are lucky if we even break 360whp with UCON and a 2.7... With that being said, You will be just fine with the 2.7 on stock internals. I would be skeptical at the gains (if any) with the 2.55, due to the Blower blade speeds and heat. :dontknow:

And to Bulldogger....running the 2.7 on stock TRD reflash, you're gonna be running VERY lean in the lower rpms (At seal level). Darthyota is someways above sea level, so i doubt hes running near as lean as i was. I did it for quite some time...but would not condone to it :top:

Right now winter time 2.8 pulley full URD exhaust drop the hammer 10.1AFR. The rpms whether 2000 or 4500 when dropping the hammer instantly go 10's There was a point in time when TRD changed the injectors to slightly larger ones. I'm pretty sure even with the 2.7 I'll still be in the 10's AFR

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Right now winter time 2.8 pulley full URD exhaust drop the hammer 10.1AFR. The rpms whether 2000 or 4500 when dropping the hammer instantly go 10's There was a point in time when TRD changed the injectors to slightly larger ones. I'm pretty sure even with the 2.7 I'll still be in the 10's AFR

Wow. You'll be fine. I was @11.7 and had to add the fpr mod to gain back the needed fuel

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Wow. You'll be fine. I was @11.7 and had to add the fpr mod to gain back the needed fuel

I am running your set up on the FPR. I was figuring with winter and the high flow exhaust I would start to see it lean out:rolleyez: I even shut off the methanol to make sure I was getting an accurate reading on my AFR gauge still 10.1. Same deal is going on with Miami-x he has the 2.8 pulley on and AFR is in high 9's low 10's

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I am running your set up on the FPR. I was figuring with winter and the high flow exhaust I would start to see it lean out:rolleyez: I even shut off the methanol to make sure I was getting an accurate reading on my AFR gauge still 10.1. Same deal is going on with Miami-x he has the 2.8 pulley on and AFR is in high 9's low 10's

Ah, well that sounds about right then. High 9's low 10's, ehh? He'll pick up some power if he hooks it back up to stock... There is such thing as too rich. Once/if he goes to the 2.7 or NST, then add the FPR mod. I noticed a difference in power back when i was experimenting with it when i only had the 2.8. While the AFR's were richer, i noticed a loss in power. Food for thought. :top:

OVRW8

Reaction score
anymore recent info on people with 2.7 or 2.55 pulley

Super Werty

Reaction score

I believe I had actually destroyed the truck 2 days prior to when it blew up at the track. I had been experiencing a lot of issues with the e85 and black chunks had been blowing out the exhaust...:thumbdown:

had I been using some better quality fuel I think my truck wouldve been just fine

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I believe I had actually destroyed the truck 2 days prior to when it blew up at the track. I had been experiencing a lot of issues with the e85 and black chunks had been blowing out the exhaust...:thumbdown:

had I been using some better quality fuel I think my truck wouldve been just fine

Black chunks??? I'm not very caught up with the side effects of running corn juice, but that doesn't sound right...:ahhhhh: So your thinking some real bad detonation duo to bad fuel, may have been its demise?

Super Werty

Reaction score
Black chunks??? I'm not very caught up with the side effects of running corn juice, but that doesn't sound right...:ahhhhh: So your thinking some real bad detonation duo to bad fuel, may have been its demise?

yea 2 days before it blew I filled up a tank of e85 and had a really really hard time trying to get it to start. Finally after 1 hour and about 15 failed starts it fired up and black chunks of carbon blew out the exhuast...i was a little concerned and called up gadget. he thought maybe i broke some carbon loose in the headers...we werent sure.

So i took it for a test drive and it started backfiring heavily. Took it home to let it rest and a few hours later it was totally fine when i started it up. 2 days later I ran 2 passes at the track...and on the last run it popped.

I think it damaged a ring on that bad start

Top Bottom