Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XRU Live Session with Underdog Racing (URD)

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys know that I like to bring new features as often as we can; to try new things that other websites and forums don't do. So we're bringing it!

This coming Monday, April 14 we will be kicking off XRU Live Sessions! These sessions will be live, voice Q&A sessions with our vendors. We hope to do at least one of these events each month with a different XRU vendor or other guest speaker. This coming Monday, to kick off this new feature, we will have a Q&A session with Gadget from Underdog Racing Development (URD). So, if you've had questions about URD products, now is the time to have a virtual face-to-face with the man.

There will be limited seats available for the event so make sure that you arrive on time! The server will not open early, so it will be first come, first serve once the server opens at the time specified. All you need to participate in the event is a microphone and speakers for your computer. The service will be provided FREE by XRU.

This initial session is scheduled to run 1 hour in length and will be a moderated event.

I am still working out the details for the server, so as soon as I have those available, I will post up the information in this post, on this thread. But, for the time being - here are the additional details:

XRU Live Session - Monday April 14, 2008
Guest: Gadget, Underdog Racing Development (URD)

Time: 9:30pm-10:30pm EST
Seats Available: 20

REQUIREMENTS:
All participants must have Teamspeak installing and functioning. The live event will not be a time to troubleshoot software issues and could cause you to be ejected from the event to make room for others. So please install and test ahead of time.

You can download Teamspeak for FREE here:
http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Attachments

• live.session.gif
    live.session.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 318

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
Great idea Klint! I know this will help out alot of people, This site just get bigger and bigger every day. I love it :top:

Matt's06

Reaction score
Can we still listen in if we are not one of the 20?

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
klint you are the man bro....hope to see you at the VB meet!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can we still listen in if we are not one of the 20?

I don't know if I'll be able to work that out before Monday. But, regardless - the entire session will be recorded, archived and posted up on XRU after the session is complete.

jdoggy

Reaction score
thats a great idea. i'll definately be waiting..........

TacoInvader

Reaction score
That's an awesome Idea! A great way to keep this site growing! :top:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
too bad i don't how to use the microphone on my computer lol.

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Keep up the great work Klint. This site blows my beloved TN and others out of the water.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Awesome idea! Thank you Gadget for taking the time to sit down with us. Great job, Klint. :top:

NonStopTuning

Reaction score
Excellent idea guys! It is really great to see a forum staff dedicated to advancing their community forward with new and innovative ideas like this!

:top:

Vince77

Reaction score
Hell of a idea! Things like that is what make this place the SH*T!!!!

Yallrun

Reaction score
So if this is going to be on team speak how many seats are there going to be? And can you just listen in?

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So if this is going to be on team speak how many seats are there going to be? And can you just listen in?

There will be between 20-30 seats, the exact number hasn't been decided yet. But others will not be able to listen in (at least this first time around). I will however be recording the entire event and will place it on the website afterward for those who could not attend the live event.

And yes, this will be hosted on the XRU Teamspeak server so anyone that wishes to participate will need to download and install the software. I have added a link to the top of this thread where the software can be downloaded. If you are unfamiliar with Teamspeak please familiarize yourself beforehand. The live event will not be a time for troubleshooting software issues and could actually cause you to lose your seat in the event.

Top Bottom