Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

76mm throttle body question ?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the 76 installed. Got random deal gas pedal problems. Even sent my ucon in

Swapped back to stock and no problems :)

Was a used throttle body. YMMV

Did you seal the machined surfaces between the TB and the spacer?

Could have been a vacuum leak, faulty TB, or that you weren't used to the high cold idle/strange slight hang?

clamb

Reaction score
I installed the 76mm tb and urd adapter today. I didnt do a gasket but will do so. Felt like i lost low end grunt and am hoping its the lack of proper gasket.

Im running the urd maf calibrator.. Any idea if there are upgraded map files for this or is it too small a change to require a new map?

No codes so far... Idle came down to around 700 after ten min.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
High probability of a vacuum leak at the tb. With the engine idling, listen for a hissing sound at the tb. If you hear one, put a layer of silicone on the machined surfaces.

clamb

Reaction score
Alright will do. I was dissapointed when i drove it after installing the throttlebody so hopefully this is the reason. Ill update this weekend.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If your wondering if it fixed his issue, then I will say that it did fix mine.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I used rtv on both side of mine for the 76 and it makes my urd cai screammmm

x-runner kid

Reaction score
So is there a way to port match the 76mm tb with the intake manifold?

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
You could take your time and sand down the runners keeping them close too the same or i know people port plastic manifolds for $$$ buttttttttttt but if im not mistaken you have to advanced the timing to take advantge of the more air flow or youll actually LOSS power

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Oh ok. I'm just trying to squeeze every last little bit of power out of it NA and maybe down the road I'll go with boost but not sure cause it's spendy.

Top Bottom