Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hydrographics

dramad1

Reaction score
Water based dip. Has anyone messed with this before? I've been searching around local shops for some quotes for dipping my door panels.

Seems like its gonna be pricey going off what I've seen for the price of materials.
They have DIY dip kits but I think I'd prefer someone that know what they are doing, do it.

Has anyone water dipped anything? How much did it cost and how is the durability?

Lil random video of the process
http://youtu.be/VXrt1o9jASE

Coupe

Reaction score
I have not done it, but it looks pretty cool.

Gadget

Reaction score
It is magic. Not real at all....

G

trdtoy

Reaction score
Water based dip. Has anyone messed with this before? I've been searching around local shops for some quotes for dipping my door panels.

Seems like its gonna be pricey going off what I've seen for the price of materials.
They have DIY dip kits but I think I'd prefer someone that know what they are doing, do it.

Has anyone water dipped anything? How much did it cost and how is the durability?

Lil random video of the process
http://youtu.be/VXrt1o9jASE

Can not see video but I have had guns dipped with graphics of different colors, designs, and camo if this is what you are talking about? Forgot price off the top of my head. Pretty durrable. Shoes hitting it will not hurt it but sharp edges, hard objects, and hard impacts may make small chips in it. Almost like paint on a car but a little tougher and more resistant to chipping.

Coupe

Reaction score
I beleive they clear coat the process as the last step.

dramad1

Reaction score
As much as I'd like the real thing, its outta my price range. Wrapping w/ a heat gun would be cheaper but would take a lot of time and it can peel over time.
So I would like to wave my magic wand, say "abracadabra" and have a knock off of the real thing if the price is right.
My interior needs a make over!
Also just curious in general of the whole water based dipping process.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
It is magic. Not real at all....

G

tumblr_mdealaAlsv1r4eads.gif

Gadget

Reaction score
One of the shops that I have do powder coating does that hydrographics. It is just amazing. I can stand there and watch that all day long.

G

rennurx

Reaction score
I'm getting my turbo done. As soon as I get my truck back..

dramad1

Reaction score
How well does this dip hold up to summer heat being a bsp. I have had to rewrap a few interior pieces due to interior heat pealing it up around the edges.
It can get pretty hot inside my x during the summer.
Also do you do dips^

easts1d3

Reaction score
If I can't get real cf valve covers and the filler neck I think thats a nice alternative.

I'm not sure where you would buy carbon fibre valve covers?
Those would probably be pretty expensive to have custom made

rennurx

Reaction score
I'll Be VeRy Surprised If That Doesn't Burn Off The first Time It GEtS hot,At Best it'll Be Horribly Discolored.

The shop I talked to has done a few turbo housings and they said it holds up so I'm gonna try it.

Top Bottom