Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stoptech/TRD BBK Info

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Please let us know how this works out and if they're "easy" to swap.

I saw on their site they mention both in the description but say minimum order of 2.
I assume they are $210 each side.

Yes, it's $210 per side. Total with shipping was $443. By looking at them, it will be easier to replace. They use different hardware for it. Instead of an allen wrench, you use a socket wrench. And theres no need for locktite. Were gonna install them next Saturday (Nov. 5th). I'll let you know how it goes.

Mortifer

Reaction score
Yes, it's $210 per side. Total with shipping was $443. By looking at them, it will be easier to replace. They use different hardware for it. Instead of an allen wrench, you use a socket wrench. And theres no need for locktite. Were gonna install them next Saturday (Nov. 5th). I'll let you know how it goes.

Sounds good, I'm finally going to order them and swap mine.

How'd it go? Anytips or advice?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I need hats rotors and pads.... Is the op's link still the best spot? Is urd still a stoptech dealer??

jncomatrix

Reaction score
Trd big brake kit 332/32 mm
ive got 139000 miles on mine. Did some research and found some rotors by power slot
psl31.536.1101.99
psl31.536.1102.99
left and right they come with new hardware to reuse the hat

rear shoes
enduro 52108040612

front pads that hawk interchanges to
mx447

will be installing as soon as they get here

jncomatrix

Reaction score
Update on above post
rear shoes had very little wear did not replace but were the right part number

front rotors are on
repainted the hat black
rotors came with new hardware

front pads were correct too.

Now for the test drive and seating of the new rotors and pads

Reaction score
I like Stoptech that is what I will install on my X the 355mm (4) piston pricey but worth it :top:

BoomerZoomer

Reaction score
Has anyone had a brake balance issue with the TRD/Stoptech brakes in front and the stock drums in the rear?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a brake balance issue with the TRD/Stoptech brakes in front and the stock drums in the rear?

At first I thought the same BUT in reality the BBK compliments the truck very nicely! IMO the stock brakes are crap, especially if your boosted or thinking about boost a BBK is a must!

However there is no point aside from cosmetics in converting the rear to disk! Converting the rear to disk actually diminishes performance since it's so light with the composite bed the wheels just lock up... So for track and autoX its actually going backwards performance wise... The stock drums as shitty as they are to see back there are actually all you would need.

autobodyX

Reaction score
You will be fine with a BBK and rear drums, the only issue with that set up is the drums will over heat if used frequently and for an extended time, like at a track day. I had this problem at summit point one year and G had the issue at VIR last year. I installed a 3" brake cooling duct to each of my rear wheels and cured the over heating problem. During a autocross you do not get the sustained use like a track day and over heating is not a issue.

Brother Lu

Reaction score
Does Stoptech offer the BBK kit on their site?Or is it their parts used for the BBK and some one else makes adapters.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Or you know... Hit up a vendor... URD/DEZOD....

triumphx

Reaction score
If your looking for a BBK, i have a set for sale in the link thats in my sig

Reaction score
So...I know this is an old-ish thread. Is anyone making a bracket to cross over some lexus brakes to our trucks? I was thinking LS430 rotors and calipers. 40mm larger diameter and 4 piston aluminum calipers. IS350's are 59mm larger..don't know about the calipers.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So...I know this is an old-ish thread. Is anyone making a bracket to cross over some lexus brakes to our trucks? I was thinking LS430 rotors and calipers. 40mm larger diameter and 4 piston aluminum calipers. IS350's are 59mm larger..don't know about the calipers.

Since it has been revived. ..... there is a new vendor who makes the brackets for a Tundra swap. In the vendor section. :top:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
FYI, anyone who is buying the replacement rotor rings, they jacked up the price by $100. Still a decent deal, but when talking to them today, they said the demand is higher, so they raised the price. Basically saying, because so many people were buying theirs instead of the stoptech brand, they raised the price to make more money. Instead of saving $150, you only save $50.

Either way, I'm still buying them because I need them. This is my second set of rotors I will be replacing.

Top Bottom