Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

400+HP on TRD Blower

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
slicks arent going to help my truck, it already has perfect traction

I also love how these threads randomly pop up every now and then:laugh:

and deathshowdow, stop blabbing about your silly nitrous....no one is willing to test it out for fear of blowing shiz up so why bother bringing it up

Your truck blew up right? Why? Who tuned it? Just its time? Must of been the nitrous you didnt run.

WoW, thread blew up while I was gone lol. I think I'm gonna hold off on a charger for now and continue w/ supporting mods such as fuel pump, oil cooler, brake kit and a few others. I know peak numbers don't mean everything, I was just wondering about the 400+

My plan with my truck is to Autocross it, some roll races on Saturday nights with my buddies (In a safe area not on public roads) and occasionally take it to the strip for shits and giggles. Just trying to figure out how to get the most for my money cause God knows there isn't enough money in the world to buy everything on my wish list.

I wouldnt go crazy with this truck - the most stress free fun you can have is a basic blower setup and just enjoy the truck and the community that supports it.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
My MK1 hasn't blown up yet, even with the c38 on it, and doesn't really show any signs of it blowing up anytime soon...

I'm just stating my opinion, because I know somebody will come back with a sarcastic reply, but it's all good.

I think the majority of people don't run nitrous, especially with these motors, because it's notorious for ruining engines. Yes the trd with nitrous setup ran like a raped ape, but it wasn't around very long for us to see the long term affects of it. Also, the money that it costs to make a "safe" nitrous setup, most people would rather put towards internals to build a motor that is stronger than they need it to be, so they can be confident in their motor not becoming a grenade, instead of a nitrous setup that may or may not blow it up. What worked fine on one persons truck, could ruin another one. Some people's mk1's blew up, some didn't. Your truck didn't blow up, alot of others could just as easy. I personally think that putting spray on a motor with stock internals will just be a guessing game on how long it lasts.

And mustangs suck. Lol couldn't help it.

Super Werty

Reaction score
Your truck blew up right? Why? Who tuned it? Just its time? Must of been the nitrous you didnt run.

I wouldnt go crazy with this truck - the most stress free fun you can have is a basic blower setup and just enjoy the truck and the community that supports it.

I got about 70K miles on a Gadget tune and exactly a 1 mile on an APR E85 tune.

You prove my point even further though. The trucks boosted are just about to burst open, why risk adding NAWS on top of it? I think you are very lucky yours didnt go...or maybe it did, and thats why yours was traded in the day after you tried it:laugh:

Bulldogger

Reaction score
I'm not to sure boost alone is to blame for a motor heading south, I personally would be real cautious about turning up the rpm limiter with stock internals. JMO

darthyota

Reaction score
I'm not to sure boost alone is to blame for a motor heading south, I personally would be real cautious about turning up the rpm limiter with stock internals. JMO

from my understanding is that is actually harder on a motor then even boost at at 12psi on the trd blower

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
from my understanding is that is actually harder on a motor then even boost at at 12psi on the trd blower

How hard nitrous it is specifically related to how much, method of delivery, and at what RPM.

Is a small 35 shot @ 3500 RPM + the same as 12 PSI? Nope... lol Not nearly as much heat.

I got about 70K miles on a Gadget tune and exactly a 1 mile on an APR E85 tune.

You prove my point even further though. The trucks boosted are just about to burst open, why risk adding NAWS on top of it? I think you are very lucky yours didnt go...or maybe it did, and thats why yours was traded in the day after you tried it:laugh:

Traded in the day after I tried it? Wrong information there. I had been running spray for a year.... I have the video history and the dyno history to prove it.

I traded my truck in running fine, the dealership test drove it. I also met the owner after me who bought it.

My MK1 hasn't blown up yet, even with the c38 on it, and doesn't really show any signs of it blowing up anytime soon...

I'm just stating my opinion, because I know somebody will come back with a sarcastic reply, but it's all good.

I think the majority of people don't run nitrous, especially with these motors, because it's notorious for ruining engines. Yes the trd with nitrous setup ran like a raped ape, but it wasn't around very long for us to see the long term affects of it. Also, the money that it costs to make a "safe" nitrous setup, most people would rather put towards internals to build a motor that is stronger than they need it to be, so they can be confident in their motor not becoming a grenade, instead of a nitrous setup that may or may not blow it up. What worked fine on one persons truck, could ruin another one. Some people's mk1's blew up, some didn't. Your truck didn't blow up, alot of others could just as easy. I personally think that putting spray on a motor with stock internals will just be a guessing game on how long it lasts.

And mustangs suck. Lol couldn't help it.

Nitrous is used every day successfully by a ton of road warriors and track goers; its bad rep comes from uneducated people using it. Anyone who sees it as being a notorious motor ruiner really doesn't have a clue when it comes to using it; they are often opinions made by people who have never owned and operated a nitrous vehicle.

Being idiotic with boost and tuning will kill a motor just as quick as nitrous will. The main difference is nitrous is CHEAPER to get into (under $1,000.00) and can kill a motor quickly with inexperience & mistakes (because of how potent yet basic a store bought kit is) if you are stupid with it.

You can go from 20 HP to 200 HP in 5 mins with a few turns of a wrench and two jets, idiots heating their bottles to unknown pressures with torches, idiots making huge power changes with out tuning for it; you don't see where you get into trouble there?

Ive used plenty of it successfully on my own vehicles and others to fully trust what it can do; I am not worried about it.

Less then 1,000.00 is a safe setup; expensive setups give you more customization in method of delivery - not necessarily safety.

Safety is easily achieved with some simple modules that cost under 100$.

Where are you getting this information from? Whats your personal experience with it?

Ive run nitrous on everything from nitromethane RC cars, quads, motorcycles, trucks, and cars; just no lawn mowers yet lol.

Do you have enough personal experience with the stuff to make that personal opinion? Whats the differance between running boost on stock internals or nitrous?

What do the mustang owners say about your truck? hahaha Gotta bring the ford thing into it!

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
How hard nitrous it is specifically related to how much, method of delivery, and at what RPM.

Is a small 35 shot @ 3500 RPM + the same as 12 PSI? Nope... lol Not nearly as much heat.

I believe he was talking about raising the rev limiter, not nitrous.

darthyota

Reaction score
Ah well that makes more sense then! Carry on! :laugh:

ya i was talking about that raised rev limiter not the nitrous

Traded in the day after I tried it? Wrong information there. I had been running spray for a year.... I have the video history and the dyno history to prove it.

I traded my truck in running fine, the dealership test drove it. I also met the owner after me who bought it.

Nitrous is used every day successfully by a ton of road warriors and track goers; its bad rep comes from uneducated people using it. Anyone who sees it as being a notorious motor ruiner really doesn't have a clue when it comes to using it; they are often opinions made by people who have never owned and operated a nitrous vehicle.

Being idiotic with boost and tuning will kill a motor just as quick as nitrous will - difference is nitrous is CHEAPER and can kill a motor QUICKER (because of how potent a basic kit is) if you are stupid with it. You can go from 20 HP to 200 HP in 10 mins with a nitrous kit; you don't see where you get into trouble there?

Ive used plenty of it successfully on my own vehicles and others to fully trust what it can do; I am not worried about it.

Less then 1,000.00 is a safe setup; expensive setups give you more customization in method of delivery - not necessarily safety.

Safety is easily achieved with some simple modules that cost under 100$.

Where are you getting this information from? Whats your personal experience with it?

Ive run nitrous on everything from nitromethane RC cars, quads, motorcycles, trucks, and cars; just no lawn mowers yet lol.
why not? i think a 250 shot on a lawnmower would be an awesome youtube video the one video ive seen of one on nos was a 150 shot and it didnt pop the lawnmower i thought it was crazy

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Ah well that makes more sense then! Carry on! :laugh:

I remember reading an article on piston speeds and how to figure out what the danger zone is....point is, raised Rev limiters with out supporting internals can be more dangerous then boost alone.....especially on larger stroke motors like ours....shitty rods only help to multiply the danger, throw in 12psi of assisted breathing, and vola you have a grenade...

Im not gonna go of spouting facts about what's safe for this truck, because i dont know 100%...k, but all I know is that your stepping on very thin ice once you start passing the redzone....

Im not raising mine until every bit is forged, or I have a lsx under the bonnet...:blurock:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
For the record, 05-XRunner has listed in his mod list 511 whp from a TRD s/c. Chew on that. ;)

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I remember reading an article on piston speeds and how to figure out what the danger zone is....point is, raised Rev limiters with out supporting internals can be more dangerous then boost alone.....especially on larger stroke motors like ours....shitty rods only help to multiply the danger, throw in 12psi of assisted breathing, and vola you have a grenade...

Im not gonna go of spouting facts about what's safe for this truck, because i dont know 100%...k, but all I know is that your stepping on very thin ice once you start passing the redzone....

Im not raising mine until every bit is forged, or I have a lsx under the bonnet...:blurock:

RPM X Stroke (in mm) / 152.4 = Pistom Speed (in FPM, feet per min)

4000 FPM tends to be the red zone - an engine will run in this zone but wear out quicker.

There are other methods that can push this up to 5000 FPM but are not usually found on stock engines.

A lot of your bike engines rev pretty damn high into this theoretical danger zone... The coyote 5.0 motor is up there too.

1GR EX:

6,200 RPM
95mm Stroke

6200 X 95mm / 152.4 = 3,864 FPM

Piston Speed = 3,864 FPM

Lots of other things to consider of course as well like oil pump performance, valve train control, component strengths, balancing, etc...

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
RPM X Stroke (in mm) / 152.4 = Pistom Speed (in FPM, feet per min)

4000 FPM tends to be the red zone - an engine will run in this zone but wear out quicker.

There are other methods that can push this up to 5000 FPM but are not usually found on stock engines.

A lot of your bike engines rev pretty damn high into this theoretical danger zone... The coyote 5.0 motor is up there too.

1GR EX:

6,200 RPM
95mm Stroke

6200 X 95mm / 152.4 = 3,864 FPM

Piston Speed = 3,864 FPM

Lots of other things to consider of course as well like oil pump performance, valve train control, component strengths, balancing, etc...

Well there you go, learned something new everyday. So even at just under the theoretical danger zone, these motors dont seem to last very long when pushed hard.

Now that fpm danger zone, it takes into account a generic strength rod, as a forged rod would be in theroy be able to more a abuse then a truck that comes with weaker rods, no?

Wait never mind, you all ready listed my concern...component strength.:top:

/derail

Bulldogger

Reaction score
I was always under the impression anything above 3800 ft/min on stock engines was entering the danger zone

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I was always under the impression anything above 3800 ft/min on stock engines was entering the danger zone

I clearly remember them stating that its just a ROUGH rule of thumb, as there will always be motor inside and outside of the bell-curve... Bike engines being one extreme, i.e can be revved above it...while others just HATE being revved. :dontknow:

Still doesn't change the fact im not raising, or would ever recommend it to anyone with who actually DRIVES their truck...

if you only take your motor to 4fpm+ once or twice a month, sure you might get thousands of miles out of it, and never actually experience any ill effects from bypassing the danger zone....but when your spending countless hours buried at it/near it like me...your not only walking on thin ice, your hitting it with a fawking jack-hammer...:laugh:

Top Bottom