Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Djm = chiropractor

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
Glad to see this because I am thinking about buying the DJM 3/4, so in reality this will cost close to 1K after parts and labor?

Yes basically it was about 1k. I wouldn't suggest doing yourself if u are not confident enough

Sorry About Ur Luck

Reaction score
Thanks, I thought 500 some bucks would be good, I suppose if you want quality it will cost a quantity.

III

Reaction score
wheres some pics with the notch? it should sit a little lower now than the first pic, if you went 4" rear..

Hi_Psi

Reaction score
Damn that looks sick! I think i hit you up on ig bud. ix_Hi_Psi_xi , i ended up getting the truck, just not the one i was looking at lmao went to san antonio and picked her up, for sure i will take your advice and go with your setup, looks sick!

Got a question and this one goes out to all the people on here with this kit.

I mainly bought my truck to not bother my brother or my parents to let me use their truck to tow a pair of jetskis i have. If i go this low will i have a problem whenever i decide to pull them? The places i go arent the "best" to get them down their but they dont have huge potholes or any stuff like that. Just wanted to know what you guys say on this because i aint teying to get stuck with jetskis lol

Last edited:

Hard Taco

Reaction score
I get stuck on speed bumps. I wanna try and tow a ski but I'm worried about pulling off after I launch them. And having my trucks rear in salt water

Hi_Psi

Reaction score
I get stuck on speed bumps. I wanna try and tow a ski but I'm worried about pulling off after I launch them. And having my trucks rear in salt water

What you mean pulling off?

I dont do saltwater. I went to florida and took them for umf and thats it, as soon as i was done washed them out and used wd40. Got home and next day went to the lake on a full tank to make sure i flusher them well. I just go to the rivers and lakes. I took mine but those 265s are doing their work. I may throw some more 295s on it later on down the road with the new wheels and sfter the drop, hopefully it doesbt sit too low "/

Hard Taco

Reaction score
From he ramp. They are usually on a incline I live in va beach salt water best option out here

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have some input on lower back pain from lowering your truck. Here's my experience. Before my XR I had a 2006 CCSB Silverado and I dropped it 5/7. Needless to say the frame sat on the rear end. I wasn't expecting this to happen, I was inexperienced at the time. Well I drove the truck like that for over 6 months. Not only did it rattle my truck to pieces but I started having a dull ache in my lower back which progressed into me not being able to even get out of bed or put my pants on alone. My wife had to put my pants on for me, my shoes, wash my feet and legs. I couldn't bend over without being in excruciating pain in my lower back and radiating down my legs. I decided to see my primary doctor who referred me to an orthopedic office. The orthopedic dr sent me in for an MRI and found that I had Inflammation in my L5 pressing onto my S1. Ever heard of sciatica??!! Keep in mind I was 22 years old at the time! Healthy, fit, young man now nearly crippled by this damn inflamed disc. Now here's the kicker: I only had a dull ache in my back when I finally decided to notch the frame. That dull ache progressed into full fledged incapacitating pain, Lon after I completed the notch. This is because the damage was already done, and just working as I normally would complicated the issue. This is a pain I still carry around at times. I was told that it will always be a weak point in my spine.

Moral of the story: if you're gonna lower your truck, notch the damn frame!

bluXkid

Reaction score
Wow.

So, I'm looking for a set of djm notches if y'all know anyone with some, send them my way.

MiamiChillin

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have some input on lower back pain from lowering your truck. Here's my experience. Before my XR I had a 2006 CCSB Silverado and I dropped it 5/7. Needless to say the frame sat on the rear end. I wasn't expecting this to happen, I was inexperienced at the time. Well I drove the truck like that for over 6 months. Not only did it rattle my truck to pieces but I started having a dull ache in my lower back which progressed into me not being able to even get out of bed or put my pants on alone. My wife had to put my pants on for me, my shoes, wash my feet and legs. I couldn't bend over without being in excruciating pain in my lower back and radiating down my legs. I decided to see my primary doctor who referred me to an orthopedic office. The orthopedic dr sent me in for an MRI and found that I had Inflammation in my L5 pressing onto my S1. Ever heard of sciatica??!! Keep in mind I was 22 years old at the time! Healthy, fit, young man now nearly crippled by this damn inflamed disc. Now here's the kicker: I only had a dull ache in my back when I finally decided to notch the frame. That dull ache progressed into full fledged incapacitating pain, Lon after I completed the notch. This is because the damage was already done, and just working as I normally would complicated the issue. This is a pain I still carry around at times. I was told that it will always be a weak point in my spine.

Moral of the story: if you're gonna lower your truck, notch the damn frame!

Dam Dude what a story. Sucks to hear you're still dealing with the pain. At least its not as bad as before.

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
I found the DJM notch plates to be kind chinky. I went with Mcgaughy notch kit but I'm not sure about availability for Toyota.

I attached the photo of the c-notch that I used on my Chevy. Notice the signature peeling silver-vein powder coat on the flip kit. I regret ever purchasing a DJM product lol. I used their upper and lower control arms and the polyurethane bushings gave me nothing but problems. I purchased their C-Notch as well, but returned it once I received it and purchased the McGaughy nothc kit instead.

Attachments

• 10352954_415018661999411_7215987439176041535_n.jpg
    10352954_415018661999411_7215987439176041535_n.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 11065876_471740382993905_865928010421408494_n.jpg
    11065876_471740382993905_865928010421408494_n.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 12122738_520434471457829_4341698816024362892_n.jpg
    12122738_520434471457829_4341698816024362892_n.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Top Bottom