Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KETCHUP not sold...SHE LIVES!!!!!

Murderface

Reaction score
I need some heads..... I over revved my motor once about a year and a half ago and I have been able to hear the rockers ever since.

Howd u do that? Was it stock when u did it or with the X-1 installed, reason i ask is because i cant see how u could do it with a stock set redline and rev limiter.

Just asking and am curious

Super Werty

Reaction score
Howd u do that? Was it stock when u did it or with the X-1 installed, reason i ask is because i cant see how u could do it with a stock set redline and rev limiter.

Just asking and am curious

you can mis-shift like going from 4-1:laugh: at 75 mph...that will shoot the revs through the roof:laugh:

Murderface

Reaction score
I doubt our trans would let us do that^^^ but i get what ur saying.

X-roller

Reaction score
you can mis-shift like going from 4-1:laugh: at 75 mph...that will shoot the revs through the roof:laugh:

exactly what I did actually. I went from top of 3rd to 2nd..... bad idea. :( power shifting like a champ.... :thumpdown:

Murderface

Reaction score
exactly what I did actually. I went from top of 3rd to 2nd..... bad idea. :( power shifting like a champ.... :thumpdown:

YIKES^^^^!!!the way i was reading ur furst post made it sound like u did it by holding a gear too long, thats why i asked. I know u could do it by downshifting by accident cause ive done it too but not nearly as severe as u have.

X-roller

Reaction score
YIKES^^^^!!!the way i was reading ur furst post made it sound like u did it by holding a gear too long, thats why i asked. I know u could do it by downshifting by accident cause ive done it too but not nearly as severe as u have.

yeah i did it about a year and a half ago.... i've heard my rockers ever since and now that i'm boosted i really worry about it sometimes.

Murderface

Reaction score
Sux no doubt about being worried all the time if this is the last time the motor accepts boost as a friend. I know how it feels....it sux!

rexrunner

Reaction score
yeah i did it about a year and a half ago.... i've heard my rockers ever since and now that i'm boosted i really worry about it sometimes.

we dont have rockers. its a cam, tappet design. u hear the lash in the valve train, only way to fix is to pull cams and use a mircometer/feeler guage to get measurments and order new tappets to your specs.

every 1grfe Ive heard has valvetrain noise, i wouldnt worry

X-roller

Reaction score
yeah I know that they havve noise.... lol.... mine is a bit more drastic though... and good to know thanks man. I'll check em out. I have a feeler gauge.

PiNkY

Reaction score
So as for the "wire issue" - i'm curious as to what issue this made? I only ask because I have the MAF cal and sims and want to know what to look out for. Grumpy is very particular but he helped wire everything up so I trust his work but would rather be safe then sorry. Also great to hear your not dumping the X for the fucos!

big_dirte

Reaction score
Got ur txt earlier and just finally got on here. Pretty stoked to hear that you arent getting rid of her. Some people might be upset but let them be. I am pretty sure that they would do the same thing if they were in your position, I know I would. Again, glad to hear Ketchup will be staying with you.

Dirte

Gadget

Reaction score
we dont have rockers. its a cam, tappet design. u hear the lash in the valve train, only way to fix is to pull cams and use a mircometer/feeler guage to get measurments and order new tappets to your specs.

every 1grfe Ive heard has valvetrain noise, i wouldnt worry

The new 1GR uses rockers and hydraulic lash adjusters. It is much quieter.

G

KETCHUP

Reaction score
So as for the "wire issue" - i'm curious as to what issue this made? I only ask because I have the MAF cal and sims and want to know what to look out for. Grumpy is very particular but he helped wire everything up so I trust his work but would rather be safe then sorry. Also great to hear your not dumping the X for the fucos!

When I was installing the X1, I pulled out the MAF CAL and O2 sim. I was in such a hurry to get that X1 in and exhausted from the CAM gear install.....that I rushed the wiring. I found several bad connections today. Got it all back together and it was running like a champ (set up N/A with stock intake). All was great until I got on the gas and it made that oh so familar sound when there is an issue with the MAF wire that goes into the computer (P0102). No big deal. At least I know what it is. I fixed a wire that was pulled from the harness when I did the X1 install too. Got it fixed the right way. Now the right rear O2 sensor low volatage code is gone....so far (P0137). I am so happy that it is running. Before it started stumbling when the RPMs where climbing, it ran smooth. No rough idle. It hasn't purred like that in quite some time. I won't let these problems get you down.

Somone told me recently, you learn more from your mistakes than you do from your sucesses. This is oh so true for me. I do recommend that anyone wanting to install anything that has to do with the computer to pay the extra money and get a plug in play. That way there is no wiring concerns. URD has them for just about anything you want to plug in the computer. But hey, live and learn.

My future plans are to lock in that used motor from my friend. Get it beefed up, and drop it in. I hope to have everything fixed and the blower back on before I go to SA on the 3rd.

I have to give some credit to a few folks that have stayed by my side and always tried to help me thru this painfully frustrating time. GADGET, SUPERWERTY, BLASTAP, Paul, X-ROLLER, ICEMAN, BLACKCAT, BUTTERS607, and all the XRU member's support!!! It gives me great joy to know that I am keeping KETCHUP and her legacy will live on. Even though she is an big pain in the arss!!

Got ur txt earlier and just finally got on here. Pretty stoked to hear that you arent getting rid of her. Some people might be upset but let them be. I am pretty sure that they would do the same thing if they were in your position, I know I would. Again, glad to hear Ketchup will be staying with you.

Dirte

thanks brotha. We have to get together before I go to school on the 3Rd of OCT. If not, def when I come back. We will def do an EP meet in NOV some time. Maybe we can get the Tucson crew, Xroller, and a few others.

Last edited:

Super Werty

Reaction score
Very glad you are keeping the truck! Cant wait to see it with a built motor:rock:

GaX-Runner

Reaction score
Good to see we're not loosing another X lol...I've had mine for 2 yrs and no plans on sellin it at all. Welcome back :top:

X-roller

Reaction score
I have to give some credit to a few folks that have stayed by my side and always tried to help me thru this painfully frustrating time. GADGET, SUPERWERTY, BLASTAP, Paul, X-ROLLER, ICEMAN, BLACKCAT, BUTTERS607, and all the XRU member's support!!! It gives me great joy to know that I am keeping KETCHUP and her legacy will live on. Even though she is an big pain in the arss!!

thanks brotha. We have to get together before I go to school on the 3Rd of OCT. If not, def when I come back. We will def do an EP meet in NOV some time. Maybe we can get the Tucson crew, Xroller, and a few others.

:bawling: aww.... ketchup has a sweet side... lol. I'm gonna have to check out that built motor brotha!..... hopefully that fight with the X is down for the count :boxing: and now you will be taking cars out left and right and not have to worry about it.......I'm down for a meet. Let me know. :top:

BlackCat

Reaction score
We will def do an EP meet in NOV some time. Maybe we can get the Tucson crew, Xroller, and a few others.

Awesome !!! :top:

Great to hear about the solution and that KETCHUP lives on !

Keep us posted on that EP meet !

Top Bottom