Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Removing speed gov

MistaGXR06

Reaction score
I can say that I hit 126 in my XR on the freeway, my friend and I just wanted to see what my truck could do. I believe we could have gone more but was worried about "the prics in blue" so I slowed down.

project-c2

Reaction score
yea, for me anyway. I take the Autobahn to work. :rock: Anyone know what would happen if you put a toggle switch inline with the VSS and disconected it when you want to go fast.

Check engine light. Tried it on Civics back in the day.:smile:

5000XD

Reaction score
I think if we ever find out a way to remove the governor our trucks would have a legitimite chance of keeping up with other cars all the way

or collide with the helicopter when we go airborne :laugh:

fbjxr

Reaction score
I think it's federally mandated for production (not lambos or exotics) to be limited to 112. I dunno. I know my Civic with a B16 stopped @ 112, So I found Apexi made a rev/speed meter that displayed revs and vehilce speed. In the instructions, it showed how to wire it up to defeat the govenor. Maybe it will work on the X.:dontknow: Just a thought. Hi Kyle, got your antenna. BBQ?

wierd, my civic went 146 all day long...

TheArkansas"X"

Reaction score
ok guys what RPMs are yall shifting up throw the gears at. if you go up to the rev limiter but dont hit it in everyone gears i know the truck will go over 125mph but if you short shift you will never get there.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
ok guys what RPMs are yall shifting up throw the gears at. if you go up to the rev limiter but dont hit it in everyone gears i know the truck will go over 125mph but if you short shift you will never get there.
I just rode with Rickey in his stock XR and the speedo goes all the way around back to 0 on the speedometer and could not get it to shut down, now you can like you say go into the rev limiter (RPMs) and it will.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I just rode with Rickey in his stock XR and the speedo goes all the way around back to 0 on the speedometer and could not get it to shut down, now you can like you say go into the rev limiter (RPMs) and it will.
wow you must have been going quite fast

X-Runnin

Reaction score
Umm.. thats kinda wierd I max out mine all the time and it only hits 124 in 6th.. PERIOD.

07xrunner

Reaction score
ummmmmm...... :wavey: :idea: :goodnight: :rofl:

07XR808

Reaction score
All stock X-Runners have speed governors. Unless your friend did something to remove it. If so, please do tell.

Last edited:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
All stock X-Runners have rev-limiters. Unless your friend did something to remove it. If so, please do tell.
He said he did something but wouldn't say, so I'm not sure, Is everybody saying that the XR shuts down at 124 (actual motor shuts off or goes into some kind of cylinder kill or is everybody talking about RPMs (Rev limiter) @5500RPMs ?

07XR808

Reaction score
He said he did something but wouldn't say, so I'm not sure, Is everybody saying that the XR shuts down at 124 (actual motor shuts off or goes into some kind of cylinder kill or is everybody talking about RPMs (Rev limiter) @5500RPMs ?

The speed governor cuts fuel at around 125-126 mph...sorry i said rev limiter at first, but the RPMS do not limit the speed. People have said they could hit 125 in 5th gear, so there is still a lot of gearing left. You should ask your buddy what he did since a lot of people want to know how

Top Bottom