Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Removing speed gov

Matt's06

Reaction score
I just rode with Rickey in his stock XR and the speedo goes all the way around back to 0 on the speedometer and could not get it to shut down, now you can like you say go into the rev limiter (RPMs) and it will.
So, how is that possible. I was looking at my speedo and that would be almost 200mph.:hmmmm2:

Last edited:

x_running

Reaction score
i know that me and my brother (commajoe) from ct had his gps in my truck and it said i we hit 137 and my truck didnt shut off either i let off the throttle cause of the police here

EagleKeeper

Reaction score
Where were you, on the downward slope of the Buckman or Dames Point Bridges? 137 is moving, you would need some extra help I would think.

gerk

Reaction score
i hit the speed limiter the other day going down hill in 5th. it just started to slow down on its own:thumpdown: . its to slow imo. im use to seeing 186 on my bike. thats when things start to get fun.:laugh:

Steve762us

Reaction score
Where were you, on the downward slope of the Buckman or Dames Point Bridges? 137 is moving, you would need some extra help I would think.

C'mon now, he's got a K&N.

I pulled on the waders after the first page :biggrin:

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
I could only get mine to about 120 and started to run out of road and azz. Plus i am a prick in blue and i knew where they were hanging out that day:eviltongue:

boneman840

Reaction score
scan gauge going to xfest XFest 040.jpg

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
has to be done inside the ecu. don't think I'd advise anyone in here to do it.take it to a reputible speed/tuner shop that provides that ability.knowing yota as they are,it will probably throw a code if its disabled!:top:

quicky06

Reaction score
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info....=1120100004&osCsid=jse7dhv72stds1akoks508fu70

wouldnt this work (creative) or any kind of voltage clamp device. As long as it can be tuned, cant you just have it set to only send a certain voltage to the computer. :dontknow: I mean, to where no matter how fast you go it only sends a certain voltage to the ecu to trick it?

if you are thinking about useing that for the VSS or the WSS then no. they are hall effect sensorscorrect me if im wrong) and they send a digital signal, meaning that is cnstantly turns and off and the comuter reads how fast it does that.

You would have to find out the resoution of then sensors and do some math to make a module to intercept the signal and resend it like you want it.

Top Bottom