Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Cheap & Easy DTRL and Alternating Signal Mod!!!

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Can someone tell me where to get the T connectors?
Autozone.......
O Reilly's........
Advance.........
Radio Shack....... All do not carry this connectors:motz:

Really would like to do this mod!:smile:

:hmmmm2: wow, i figured all of them would have them. I know wal-mart has them in the auto section too. But if i was you i wouldn't even use the taps, I'd splice them and solder and shrink wrap the connections.

blastap

Reaction score
You don't have to use a t connector. A solder heatshrinl would be better anyways. Dammit Steven you beat me to it.

XR-Ace

Reaction score
Im def doing this today or tomorrow...nice write up jay

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Im def doing this today or tomorrow...nice write up jay

Thanks :top: feel free to post up a vid of it when you're done :smile: hopefully I can get a vid of the mod on every color of the X then I'll add them to the first page for anyone who wants to see what it would look like on their X :rockon:

XR-Ace

Reaction score
roger that ill send you the vid so you can post it on your thread one i complete this mod.

MadMatt

Reaction score
Just wanted to add my two cents about the fast flash speed. The flasher is a relay that heats up as the filament in the bulb heat up... has to do with ohms. The longer it takes the bulbs to heat up the slower it will flash, the shorter it takes to heat up the faster they flash. When LED's are installed in the rear it takes away the biggest bulb, so the others heat up quicker beause all the power is going to them, hence, the relay resets quicker. If you run all LEDs then your lights wouldn't flash at all since no filament is heating up..

Having your lights flash fast won't overload anything, and nothing will fail.

KingpinX

Reaction score
Any tips on how to keep the black wire from falling out of the 3rd slot of the signal light? I used electrical tape and it held it in for a while but recently fell out probably from hitting too many bumps, but I can't get them to stay in. There has to be a better way. I wish the wire would feed through those little rubber gromets that were in those slots to begin with.

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Any tips on how to keep the black wire from falling out of the 3rd slot of the signal light? I used electrical tape and it held it in for a while but recently fell out probably from hitting too many bumps, but I can't get them to stay in. There has to be a better way. I wish the wire would feed through those little rubber gromets that were in those slots to begin with.

Remove bulb socket (not just the bulb) from the connector. I stripped off about 1/2 an inch of the black wire and fed it completely through until I was able to see and bend the end of the wire a little bit so that it would fit snug once the re-attached the socket. no problems here. hopefully this helps, lemme know if you need me to take pics :top:

KingpinX

Reaction score
the pics would be great and very helpful if you don't mind and thanks for the response.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I think I am going to have to knock this mod out this weekend. I like the way it looks

KingpinX

Reaction score
Now that the weather is better, I'm going to try to redo this. Maybe when I look at the sockets I'll have a better understanding of what you're talking about.

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Oh man, sorry bro...i got sidetracked with my new semester and recent snow. I'll take and post some pics later when I get home. :top:

KingpinX

Reaction score
No worries man. I figured it out and thanks for helping out with the description. :top:

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
No worries man. I figured it out and thanks for helping out with the description. :top:

what??!?!?! :argh: So I went out into the cold for nothing????

:laugh: jk its all good....here's some pics for future reference, I'll update the first page too...
1-31-10003.jpg

1-31-10004.jpg

1-31-10005.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
I just finally did this mod this past weekend:top: I do t know why Toyota didn't do it like this from the start?

d357a3d3.jpg

290489cb.jpg

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
any one wanna do it for me

long time stranger! too bad you're not in our area anymore, I would've done this for you at our usual crabfest :rockon: but it really is a quick and easy mod, you can do it in 20 mins :top:

I just finally did this mod this past weekend:top: I do t know why Toyota didn't do it like this from the start?

X2, there are so many cars out there, not even sports cars but everyday beaters, that have alternating signals :dontknow:

Murderface

Reaction score
I didn't do the alternating signal mod just the turn signals. Not sure I'll ever do the alternating mod though. Either way it was soooooo easy to do. Thx for the idea:top:

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
I didn't do the alternating signal mod just the turn signals. Not sure I'll ever do the alternating mod though. Either way it was soooooo easy to do. Thx for the idea:top:

ah ok cool :top:

Top Bottom