Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blown Motor, coming back stronger

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Been working crazy damn hours. I need to take some pics of the pistons. I will this weekend.
Only updated is that I am mad at STS for failing in their instructions. And two, waiting on pistons to be made again. :thumpdown:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a few pics. I just haven't had much time to do this stuff, so I know it has been a while.
The driver side all had the worst contact. Passenger side was much nicer. Still scarred as well though.

The "good". Which isn't really good at all....
CIMG2605.jpg

The "Bad"

CIMG2606.jpg

CIMG2607.jpg

lvxr

Reaction score
whoa...that's some bad scoring...i melted a piston in my boosted race truck and my scoring wasnt as bad as that! ....didnt want to decipher 41 pages, so um...what are u doing? bigger pistons?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
....didnt want to decipher 41 pages, so um...what are u doing? bigger pistons?
You know you can go to your options here on XRU and change how many posts are seen per page, I have mine set at 20 instead of the default 10. So it's only 20 pages for me...it makes it easier when browsing through large threads like this:top:

Murderface

Reaction score
whoa...that's some bad scoring...i melted a piston in my boosted race truck and my scoring wasnt as bad as that! ....didnt want to decipher 41 pages, so um...what are u doing? bigger pistons?

That's the problem.....the pistons were too big! It looks like they were to big and when heated up they were even too BIGGER

You know you can go to your options here on XRU and change how many posts are seen per page, I have mine set at 20 instead of the default 10. So it's only 20 pages for me...it makes it easier when browsing through large threads like this:top:

Nice to know:top:

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Only update I have is that the pistons should be at LC Engineering on this coming week. Should. Also, the block has been bored and honed. Heads are done being ported and polished. Dual valve springs per valve and titanium retainers are installed.
I'm having them bench lash the valves because I don't feel like dealing with that. Once the pistons are there and they put the lower end back together they'll be shipping it out.
So I should have it by the middle week of March. Finally.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Bored?

What are you going .25 over?

I think those buckets cost a few bucks too!

Gonna' blow this one up too man? Third times the charm? lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pfff...you're crazy. I don't trust what those UAE guys are doing. No. Just .007 over. From 3.701 to 3.708

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Get me some HKS sleaves and I'll be all over it. :top:

Murderface

Reaction score
Awesome!!!! I bet u can't wait.

What have u been driving in the meantime?

Also how do they bore it out with those thin plasma sprayed something or other sleaves?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Awesome!!!! I bet u can't wait.

What have u been driving in the meantime?

Also how do they bore it out with those thin plasma sprayed something or other sleaves?

.007 over is like an aggressive hone :laugh:

It is thinning out the spined liners - just enough to remove the cylinder scoring and restore a crosshatch.

Murderface

Reaction score
.007 over is like an aggressive hone :laugh:

It is thinning out the spined liners - just enough to remove the cylinder scoring and restore a crosshatch.

Thx D Bag but I was typing before he explained how far over it was being bored. Ur not the only one that knows a thing or two about this shit ya know

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Thx D Bag but I was typing before he explained how far over it was being bored. Ur not the only one that knows a thing or two about this shit ya know

Listen here u sloppy stink hole skank, your post is after what he wrote.

simple question - simple answer.

Options are:

re-sleeve
OR
electroplate
OR
hone

SLUT

I know im not the only one - engines aren't the most complicated thing on earth.

Suck bang blow baby.

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
So here is my beautiful truck...which I haven't been able to drive since the 18th of April:thumpdown: The story begins when I was driving home after work, that day, and it was raining like crazy. When I say crazy, I mean 15mph was to fast. It had been pouring for nearly two weeks when this happened. I was driving real slow, and avoiding any water puddles because I had taken the snorkel off of my turbo. Even though I have driven in rain before, and have a 6" lift and 35" tires, it didn't matter this time. It was raining so hard that my tires threw enough rain up under my truck, that the turbo sucked it up like a vacuum. Well over the course of about 5 miles everything was fine,then I started to feel my truck sputtering really bad. Next thing that happened, was "CLANK!" and dead. Motor oil all over the road. That was a fresh oil change too. What had happened was that my intercooler slowly filled up until the inlet and outlet pipes filled up then there was only one place for the water to go. So......it became clear that if the motor was coming out better parts and a well built intake snorkel are going in.

CIMG1575.jpg

CIMG1826.jpg

CIMG1949.jpg

Grumpy and Jeff helping me drop unload my old motor.
CIMG1952.jpg

Hard plastic intake tubing from Airaid and silicones.

CIMG1944.jpg

CIMG1945.jpg

By the Gallon:top:
CIMG1951.jpg

A few more pics will be added on Monday after work. The last main parts will be here by then:biggrin:
You ever figure out why it blew up???? Too much boost?

Top Bottom