Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blown Motor, coming back stronger

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I doubt it, but is this your wheel?

mojave_hi-polish_large.jpg

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that is the style. But when I run them it will be minus that F'ugly aluminum center cap. That cap looks like a dang nipple. I'll take a pic when I get home of the wheel without it when I get home from helping Grumpy bleed his brakes.

X-roller

Reaction score
so what you gonna run now? bigger turbo or staying with the same one and just upping the boost? 20psi??

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Yes that is the style. But when I run them it will be minus that F'ugly aluminum center cap. That cap looks like a dang nipple. I'll take a pic when I get home of the wheel without it when I get home from helping Grumpy bleed his brakes.

Dang, Grumpy is still modding? He never quits. Haha.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
so what you gonna run now? bigger turbo or staying with the same one and just upping the boost? 20psi??

I might up the boost a little. Not much though, if I do. There are some improved efficiency plans for down the road.
When it becomes a reality, I'll be able to turn down the boost to make the same power.
Like I said, that's down the line.
As a refresher, my new compression ratio is 9.2:1

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a much better look at the wheel. 10 times better without the center cap I'd say:top: Just needs a little powder coating or paint. We'll see

CIMG2771.jpg

X-roller

Reaction score
I might up the boost a little. Not much though, if I do. There are some improved efficiency plans for down the road.
When it becomes a reality, I'll be able to turn down the boost to make the same power.
Like I said, that's down the line.
As a refresher, my new compression ratio is 9.2:1

That's easy... turn down the boost to about 7 - 8 and have a gt35r on there instead of that t28 .... :laugh: Nice CR but with all that motor work and power... i'm really surprised to not hear about your tranny.... maybe these 5 speeds are a bit stronger than ours.... or are you auto?.... as far as motor work goes though..... What brand are you going with on all these if you don't mind me asking? Especially the valve train.... I know it's custom for the most part but the custom parts have to be coming from a branded company.... skunk2, tomei, etc....

Grumpy

Reaction score
That's easy... turn down the boost to about 7 - 8 and have a gt35r on there instead of that t28 .... :laugh: Nice CR but with all that motor work and power... i'm really surprised to not hear about your tranny.... maybe these 5 speeds are a bit stronger than ours.... or are you auto?.... as far as motor work goes though..... What brand are you going with on all these if you don't mind me asking? Especially the valve train.... I know it's custom for the most part but the custom parts have to be coming from a branded company.... skunk2, tomei, etc....

Mark's mod list, pay attention to the last one

Pro Comp 6" lift [] 35" KM2's [] NST Pulley set [] Custom Rear-mount turbo [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 W/G [] Greddy Profec B II Boost Controller [] APR X-1 [] DTLT [] URD Y-Pipe [] 668 Injectors [] Walbro 255 LPH Fuel pump [] Fidanza Flywheel [] Spec Stage 3+ Clutch

Super Werty

Reaction score
Longest build thread ever........:laugh:

We want pictures!!!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
"Double" Longest build thread ever.... :laugh:

Correction. I have a 6 speed trans also. According to AISIN MY transmission is a "High Torque" transmission. Maybe because it is made that way for the 4x4 model. Either way, it is unclear about the info they give on their website.

Also, I use Redline.....not MT-90....but HEAVY SHOCK PROOF gear oil. Might have something to do with it....lol

And, my turbo is a Precision Turbo 6076 Journal bearing turbo. With a .63 A/R. Their equivalent to the GT35. Although I would love to put the GT3582R on there. Maybe one day. With a TiAL SS housing. Just don't like raising up the A/R.

What needs to be done is to remove the extremely restrictive intercooler from STS and get a more efficient one. Already found it also. That will help with my pressure drop significantly.

The motor WILL be here Thursday according to UPS's sheduled delivery. So sometime next week it will be running. TORSPD 3.0:rock:

I'm not sure which brand the valve springs are. Could be Comp Cams for all I know:dontknow: If that is the case, then the Titanium Retainers might as well be also.

Pauter Rods, and CP Pistons - coated

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
Mark's mod list, pay attention to the last one

Pro Comp 6" lift [] 35" KM2's [] NST Pulley set [] Custom Rear-mount turbo [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 W/G [] Greddy Profec B II Boost Controller [] APR X-1 [] DTLT [] URD Y-Pipe [] 668 Injectors [] Walbro 255 LPH Fuel pump [] Fidanza Flywheel [] Spec Stage 3+ Clutch

I :fail:..... and I so knew that too... I remember his thread about his fid fly... lol

Gadget

Reaction score
Do you want in intercooler from a MkII system?

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, that might just work. I'll have to call you about that. That one from STS has something around a 5 psi drop. I'd be much happier with one that has no more than 1.5 psi drop. Let me get this motor in Gadget, then I'll give you a buzz. Just need to figure out the piping is all.

Top Bottom