Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blown Motor, coming back stronger

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I know im not the only one - engines aren't the most complicated thing on earth.

its funny because on paper they shouldnt work....:smile:

it is an open cycle or a closed cycle? or both? :hmmmm2:

Murderface

Reaction score
Listen here u sloppy stink hole skank, your post is after what he wrote.

simple question - simple answer.

Options are:

re-sleeve
OR
electroplate
OR
hone

SLUT

I know im not the only one - engines aren't the most complicated thing on earth.

Suck bang blow baby.

I started before he posted, took a poop and then finished! Nature calls.

Now I'm all wet from u talking all dirty to me:rolleyez:

lvxr

Reaction score
are the cylinders that close together? i've never looked at a block of a 4.0 ....i dont understand why ur only going .007 over if ur going through the hastle of boring it...:hmmmm2:

and deathshadow, ufoaming or what.. .25 over is MAYYYJOR!!! lol ...i wouldve reccommended .040 over, even .080 over depending on what our block looks like

Murderface

Reaction score
It's not that they're close together it's the fact that the liners are sprayed in with some kind of plasma arc something or other and are super thin.
If u go back a page or two u can see how thin they really are. I'm sure someone can tell u the exact thickness of the liners

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
It's not that they're close together it's the fact that the liners are sprayed in with some kind of plasma arc something or other and are super thin.
If u go back a page or two u can see how thin they really are. I'm sure someone can tell u the exact thickness of the liners

ours aren't sprayed in. That was other engines in another topic.
We have super thin liners that were put in place during the casting process. The liners have spines on them to better hold them in place I guess. They are put in the casting molds and the block is cast around the liners. I have seeen a video of the process and its kind of neat.
But either way they are super thin and there is not much room at all for boreing oversize.

Murderface

Reaction score
Cool! Thought ours were sprayed. Also I'm cross-eyed cause I'm so tired and can't think too straight.

Do u know how thin they are?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
no idea how thin they are. but i would bet they are around 1mm . :dontknow:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll take a pic so all can see how thin they are. Also, as last I heard, my motor should be here the first week in April. I'm hoping that there aren't any hiccups to that.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can clearly see the thickness of the sleeve here. I only had them do the slight overbore to get things tight and fresh from stock. As DS had mentioned earlier, "a new hone." I didn't feel like trying to push the limits. Unlike the UAE peeps, I don't have an money rich oil river. As much as this is my toy, it is also my DD. Those guys have these trucks as their 4th or 5th play vehicles. Ahh, the life of opulence.
CIMG2754.jpg

CIMG2756.jpg

I can get one with a tape measure next to it also if someone requests it. Just didn't think about it at the time.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath on this next statement, but last I heard from LC Engineering, was that the motor should be shipping on Monday or Tuesday. If that is the case, it will make for a perfect Easter weekend since I have Friday off. I've got my fingers crossed for that.
I'll slap on the heads, set the timing, install the covers, then should have it in and started by Sunday. We will see.
Also, just got the last two wheels in, that I needed to have a complete set, on Saturday. Just that much closer to the ground. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^ Maybe.... either once they are pc'd, or have tires on them, or are on the lowered truck......maybe....

Venomous_X

Reaction score
which set that we talked about did you end up getting Mark? :biggrin:

dwntwnall4u

Reaction score
Glad to hear you're getting your motor back soon, can't wait till you get it in and drop your truck. I'm waiting for details on the drop so I can do mine too...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't you just hate fuzzy pics??? Can't hardly make out anything.......

CIMG2765.jpg

CIMG2767.jpg

Glad to hear you're getting your motor back soon, can't wait till you get it in and drop your truck. I'm waiting for details on the drop so I can do mine too...

Still working on the drop too. Give me some time on it:top:

Last edited:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
Since you like to tease us.

Those are Center Line Wheels 20x9.5 ...

Top Bottom